About Me

This blog is a way for me to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions to buy one new food (and eat it eventually) every time I go to the grocery store! I hope to keep it interesting by researching facts about the foods that I buy and eat!I will also give reviews about the each food... I know this is ridiculous, but I think it might be fun :-)

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Magic Hat Wacko


Magic Hat Brewing Co. is located in the great state of Vermont and began production in 1994. Magic Hat is probably best known for Magic Hat #9, which is one of their year round brews, but they have several other year round brews including Circus Boy and Single Chair. They also have 4 seasonal brews including Fall: Hex, Winter: Howl, Spring: Vinyl, and Summer: Wacko.

Since it is in season I decided to try Wacko! The website states that Wacko is:

Summer: WackoThe Liquid Song of Summer Wacko is the liquid song of summer: Crisp like the morning, cool like the evening and quenching all day long. Pop the top and set your summer loose. Wacko is a delicious summer beer with a big malty aroma, a subdued hop bite and a clean, slightly sweet finish. 
  • TYPE: Summer Beer
  • YEAST: English Ale
  • HOPS: Apollo
  • MALTS: Pale
I tried it and actually really enjoyed the beer. I am a big fan of Magic Hat #9 and I though that this tasted a lot like that.. in that it was crisp and easily drinkable. It is a great beer for a summer day or a backyard bbq. I would definitely drink it again.. plus the bottle label and the cap are really neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment