About Me

This blog is a way for me to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions to buy one new food (and eat it eventually) every time I go to the grocery store! I hope to keep it interesting by researching facts about the foods that I buy and eat!I will also give reviews about the each food... I know this is ridiculous, but I think it might be fun :-)

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sierra Nevada Summerfest

Ken Grossman and Paul Camusi co-founded the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co in Chico, California. The brewery had humble root though as it consisted of dairy tanks, a soft-drink bottler, and equipment salvaged from defunct breweries. On November 15, 1980, the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. was formed and the first batch of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale was brewed. 

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. now makes not only Pale Ale year round, but Porter, Stout, Kellerweis, and Torpedo. They also brew seasonal beers such as Glissade (spring), Summerfest (summer) Tumbler (Fall), and Celebration Ale (winter). They also have other limited editions. I decided to try the summerfest!

Their website claims that: Summerfest® is a refreshing, pilsner-style lager. Its incredible smoothness comes from an extra-long lagering period. Lighter in body than our ales but just as complex in character, Summerfest® quenches your thirst with big aroma and a tangy hop bite.


I agree that it has a hoppy taste.. a little too hoppy for my taste buds. Its not awful though and I would drink it again.. it definitely goes down easily and is refreshing on a hot day. I also am not a big fan of its aroma.. some claim it smells like grass... i dunno about that but it is not  very enticing!

No comments:

Post a Comment