About Me

This blog is a way for me to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions to buy one new food (and eat it eventually) every time I go to the grocery store! I hope to keep it interesting by researching facts about the foods that I buy and eat!I will also give reviews about the each food... I know this is ridiculous, but I think it might be fun :-)

Friday, July 22, 2011

Fat Tire Amber Ale

Fat Tire is a beer made by New Belgium Brewing based in Fort Collins Colorado. The name came from the fact that the Jeff  Lebesch, a homebrewer, rode his mountain bike with "fat tires" through European villages famous for beer. He eventually founded New Belgium Brewing Company. The first two beers were Abbey and Fat Tire. His wife, Kim, was also very involved in the brewing company... handling more administrative tasks.


 New Belgium Brewing now makes lots of different types of beer including Sunshine Wheat, 1554, Blue Paddle, Trippel, Ranger IPA, Mothership Wit, Le terrior, kick, etc... ( http://www.newbelgium.com/beer.aspx )


I have a few friends who really like Fat Tire.. so i decided to give it a try. It was delicious and reminded me of Yuengling.. expect a little lighter. It is a golden amber color... and a good everyday beer.. this is the kind you could have more than one of at a time (easily drinkable). It smells slightly sweet, refreshing, and goes down with a smooth aftertaste!







No comments:

Post a Comment