About Me

This blog is a way for me to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions to buy one new food (and eat it eventually) every time I go to the grocery store! I hope to keep it interesting by researching facts about the foods that I buy and eat!I will also give reviews about the each food... I know this is ridiculous, but I think it might be fun :-)

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jazz Apples

There always seem to be too many varieties of apples to pick from... in fact there are over 7500 varieties of apples worldwide! The overwhelming number of choices causes me to end up getting the same types(Granny Smith, Gala, and Red/Golden Delicious). But today.. being the bargain shopper that I aspire to be.. decided to give a new variety of apple a try (because it was on sale).

It is called a Jazz apple.. and it was the first time I have ever heard of the variety. Apparently, Jazz is a relatively new apple variety from New Zealand, and is the result of a cross between Royal Gala and Braeburn. It is also known as Scifresh, and was first introduced in April 2004.

The apple looks a lot like a Gala apple and the flesh is fairly tough! The one I ate for lunch today was crunchy, but juicy and quite sweet! I really enjoyed it and would definitely buy it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment