About Me

This blog is a way for me to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions to buy one new food (and eat it eventually) every time I go to the grocery store! I hope to keep it interesting by researching facts about the foods that I buy and eat!I will also give reviews about the each food... I know this is ridiculous, but I think it might be fun :-)

Monday, January 10, 2011

Chobani Greek Yogurt

So I am a pretty big yogurt fan, but I am ashamed to say that I have never had Greek yogurt! So today is the day! At Lowes Foods, I bought All Natural Chobani Greek Yogurt (Blueberry Flavor).

According to the package, their "authentic Greek strained yogurt is thick, creamy, and has two times more protein than regular yogurt." It also says that the milk used is from cows not treated with rBST (artificial growth hormone). The United States is the only developed nation to permit humans to drink milk from cows given rBST. Despite this, the package also says that "According to the FDA, no significant difference has been found between milk derived from rBST-treated and non rBST-treated cows.

So I was also interested in the difference between Greek and regular yogurt: Greek yogurt is higher in protein, higher in calories, lower in carbs, thicker and creamier, lower in sodium, etc.. Essentially the difference is that Greek yogurt is strained and regular yogurt it not! SO you get no liquid on top of your Greek yogurt....

Review: When I opened the container..it was all white (realized that the blueberries were on the bottom). I started to stir the yogurt and discovered how thick it really was! It was like the consistency of full fat sour cream! Much to my delight I discovered that the blueberries were full berries.. not just some blueberry jam :-) It was very rich and creamy.. delicious.. but you have to eat it slowly because of how rich it tastes. It was also very satisfying because the high protein content makes you feel full.

I would buy this again.. but only as a special treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment