About Me

This blog is a way for me to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions to buy one new food (and eat it eventually) every time I go to the grocery store! I hope to keep it interesting by researching facts about the foods that I buy and eat!I will also give reviews about the each food... I know this is ridiculous, but I think it might be fun :-)

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Extra Cheesy Pizza Lunchable

1. Extra Cheesy Pizza Lunchable- So although this may have been a bad purchase, I felt that I had to buy it because I have never had a Lunchable. I feel like I have missed out on an aspect of my childhood.

If you don't recall... Lunchables are instant kid's meals that are made by Oscar Mayer/Kraft Foods. They were first manufactured in the U.S. in 1988. They have lots of varieties now, and in 2004/2005 they revamped a lot of the meals so that they were "healthier options" for kids. Before the revamp.. some meals had 1,780 milligrams of salt (74% of the daily amount needed for an adult)! WOW! In order to regain popularity... manufacturers removed most "unhealthy" foods like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and tried to make other changes.

So I opened up the package to find 3 small “crusts” made with 8grams of whole grain, a sauce packet ( they no longer give you that little red plastic sauce spreader!), and two separate containers of cheese. The two types of cheese are “pasteurized prepared mozzarella cheese product” and “pasteurized prepared cheese product”..oh my heavens know what I am eating! Lol

So I spread the sauce onto the pizza and add the cheese product! Here we go… taste? Not too bad actually... texture... not pizza lol.. there is no crunch to the crust..it is kind of gummy in consistency.

Overall though this turned out to not be that bad of a choice! I wouldn’t buy it again..I would get real pizza with real cheese.. no more of this cheese product!

No comments:

Post a Comment