About Me

This blog is a way for me to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions to buy one new food (and eat it eventually) every time I go to the grocery store! I hope to keep it interesting by researching facts about the foods that I buy and eat!I will also give reviews about the each food... I know this is ridiculous, but I think it might be fun :-)

Monday, January 17, 2011

Al fresco all natural: Spinach and Feta Chicken Sausage

Growing up my family never made sausage.. so I got it into my head that it was disgusting and something that I never wanted to eat. I did not even realize that they made chicken sausage! One day Kaitlin came over though and we made some chicken sausage (different flavor and brand than I bought) and I thought it was delicious! So this inspired me to give it a try myself.

I bought Al Fresco Spinach and Feta Chicken Sausage! Sounds really good :-) Al fresco sausages are gluten free, full cooked, and made with lean, skinless chicken meat. They have no artificial ingredients, MSG, nitrates, preservatives, or nitrites.

So not knowing what exactly to do with this sausage.. i decided to eat it plain so that I could really get a gauge on the flavor. I decided to broil the sausage (the package said you could). So I took it out of the broiler and started eating! AMAZING Flavor :-) tasted just like chicken spinach and feta. Yummy.. I would totally buy this again!

Now that I know what it tastes like i can experiment with actually recipes that incorporate the sausage!

No comments:

Post a Comment