About Me

This blog is a way for me to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions to buy one new food (and eat it eventually) every time I go to the grocery store! I hope to keep it interesting by researching facts about the foods that I buy and eat!I will also give reviews about the each food... I know this is ridiculous, but I think it might be fun :-)

Friday, January 21, 2011

Duncan Hines Spice Cake.. revised

So I absolutely love the flavors of fall and winter... pumpkin, spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.), etc.

I was searching on allrecipes.com (my new favorite website) and found a cookie that seemed too easy to be good. It only has three ingredients....Spice Cake Mix, Canned Pumpkin, and Pumpkin Pie Spice.. and you can ice it with cream cheese frosting ( i would suggest this). While I am a big advocate for taking time to cook things.. I like easy and cheap recipes too! I was skeptical that these cookies would be good because they have not eggs, butter, oil, etc... I took on the challenge though!

When I was at the store I bought Duncan Hines Spice Cake and a can of pumpkin (beware..sometimes you cannot find canned pumpkin except for around the holidays). I mixed the ingredients together and... surprisingly it came together in a very thick batter. I put rounded spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and put them in the oven for about 18 minutes. They don't flatten really ..so you can put them close together.

After they had cooled I iced them with cream cheese frosting.

They were absolutely amazing! They had a nice cake like texture, full of fall flavor (but not overwhelming), are a good source of fiber, low in fat.. so besides the icing.. they are really good for you!

I would make these any day! YOU MUST TRY THEM.

p.s. other adds in include chocolate chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment