About Me

This blog is a way for me to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions to buy one new food (and eat it eventually) every time I go to the grocery store! I hope to keep it interesting by researching facts about the foods that I buy and eat!I will also give reviews about the each food... I know this is ridiculous, but I think it might be fun :-)

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Newman's Own Sockarooni Sauce

Newman's Own makes salsa, dressings, pizza, drinks, marinades, wine etc... Before today i had only ever tried their salsa.. which is probably my favorite salsa ever. It is so good that I could eat it on its own (and have)!

Newman's Own Foundation donates all profits to charity, and has donated over $300 million dollars since 1982.
Another great thing about Newman's Own is that all the ingredients are "all natural" .. they also have a line of organic foods.

So I decided that I was really tired of traditional spaghetti sauce.. so I picked up Sockarooni, because the description sounded intriguing. The jar says Peppers, Spices, and the Whole Shebang! I wanted to find out what the shebang was....

I was so pleasantly surprised when I opened the jar. There were actual chunks of peppers, onions, and mushrooms! The flavor was spot on too.. not too spicy, but so flavorful. Definitely worth trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment