About Me

This blog is a way for me to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions to buy one new food (and eat it eventually) every time I go to the grocery store! I hope to keep it interesting by researching facts about the foods that I buy and eat!I will also give reviews about the each food... I know this is ridiculous, but I think it might be fun :-)

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kozy Shack Flan: Creme Caramel

Do not be intimidated by the word flan... many people do not know what it is.. and are therefore afraid of it. If you don't want yours I will glady eat it for you because I believe that it is amazing.

At its most basic level...Flan is made of milk, sugar, and eggs. What can be bad about that?

It is a custard like dessert that is made by baking eggs and milk that have been mixed together. One of the most popular additions to flan is a caramel sauce.. which is made by heating sugar until it become delicious and golden in color (Spanish Flan). But there is also English Flan which uses an open topped pastry shell that is then filled with custard and often mixed with different types of nuts/fruit.

I had flan before in a restaurant but I have never had it from the grocery store.. so I wanted to see if it was any good. I bought Kozy Shack Flan: Creme Caramel. Each package comes with two individual servings of flan.. but realistically it is easy to eat both in one sitting:-)

The flan tasted just like it did in the restaurant. It was smooth and creamy and oozing with caramel sauce. If you like custard types desserts then I would recommend flan.. even from the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment