About Me

This blog is a way for me to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions to buy one new food (and eat it eventually) every time I go to the grocery store! I hope to keep it interesting by researching facts about the foods that I buy and eat!I will also give reviews about the each food... I know this is ridiculous, but I think it might be fun :-)

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ritz Muchables Pretzel Thins: Spicy Chipotle Cheddar

Ritz is one of about 20 + brands that are owned by Nabisco (other brands include Oreo, Honey Maid, Chips Ahoy, Wheat Thins, Triscuits, Barnum's Animal Crackers, SnackWells,etc.)....and Nabisco is a subsidiary of Kraft Foods!

Nabisco was originally known as National Biscuit Company..wow pretty cool..i had no idea where the name originated. The Nabisco factory in Chicago is a 1,800,000-square-foot facility and claims to be the largest bakery in the world!

The idea behind the pretzel thins is that there is a tiny Ritz cracker that is enclosed inside of a pretzel! There are three flavors...Butter, Cheesy Sour Cream and Onion, and most recently (so recent that is isn't on their website..concerns me a little) Spicy Chipotle Cheddar.

What I realized about these snacks is that they are very thin.. hence the name. I also think the name is a bit misleading because it isn't really very pretzel-like... the pretzel layer is very thin.. so it is more like a crunchy cracker. Despite this inconsistency, I did enjoy these pretzel thins, but the flavor did not quite live up to what I was expecting...they weren't as spicy as I would have liked them to be.

Buy again..maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment